Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello Blog-Reading People!

It's a strange feeling writing to an audience that does not exist.  Though I am sure I'm not the first to make this observation it feels strangely appropriate to point out.  


I assume in order to get followers on this site one would need to have something interesting to say.  Yet its hard to find something interesting to write to yourself... unless you have multiple personalities.

Anyway, hi I'm new!

If you've stumbled across this blog you either:
A) have WAAYYYY too much time on your hands.
B) Already know me
or
C) are unfortunate enough to think that this might actually contain something lucid.

If you fall into category A, go outside.

If you are in category B, I'm sorry. I really am!

If you are in category C there is no such lucidity here! Unfortunately A Taste of Sanity is more tongue-in-cheek than anything, because most of what I write will be rambling, and incoherent.  However hopefully, and more likely as I get better at this talking to my self thing,  I'll be able to bring some sanity to this already crazy world. (Or just be able to write about something without getting sidetracked into a million pieces)


Before I release you from my rambling let me get my biases out on the table.

Politically I'm left of liberal, and sometimes overly opinionated.  Politics is just like religion. No one has it right yet.  Though unlike religion, someone probably will get close to a "good" political system... Maybe. 

You might have guessed I'm an atheist, and decidedly an anti-theist.  I am a strange breed of anti-theist/atheist though, because I will tolerate religion so long as it harms no one.  Though you should expect quite a few rants about ignorant creationists/fundamentalists.   

I may be a little snobbish about music sometimes, but that's just because your taste in music generally sucks.

I love Philosophy, and a lot of what I talk about comes back to that.  So be prepared for some philosophically driven posts!

Generally I'll try to label everything appropriately, so you can avoid my crazy leftish political views, or my atheist rants, or my music bashing, or my boring philosophical talks, though I wouldn't be surprised if everything ends up spilling over into the others.

Lastly, at times I will try to be funny, but that usually ends up in disaster, so please feel free to laugh as hard as you like at my failed attempts at humour.

Well that is all.  You can now go back to Wikipedia, and Failblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment